Our operations at BMC METALS incorporates a sustainable development thinking into all our processes to ensure an appropriate management of resources and protection of the environment and our people.
Lead is a hazardous metal, as such, an eco-friendly battery recycling process is key to maintaining a pollution-free environment. Which is why we follow environmental guidelines and eco-friendly business practices in all our operations.
In addition, our plants are designed to meet global environmental standards and guidelines especially in terms of the technology utilized, the location and the waste management processes. The operations and safety of our plants are regularly audited by third party auditors and regulatory organizations.
BMC METALS therefore:
- Considers environmental protection and the sustainable use of resources a top priority, and thus seeks to avoid any consequent potential environmental damage through the application of tested and proven pollution prevention principles.
- Complies with all environmental legislation relating to our activity, and is committed to the continual improvement of our processes and products it relates to the environment, assessing in advance the consequences of any new development.
- Will adopt the relevant procedures to establish objectives and targets based on minimizing emissions, waste and soil damage, as well as for the revision of these and of the policy itself, so as to maintain its effectiveness in terms of environmental respect and adapt to environmental change.
- Will inform, train and raise awareness among all employees, involving them in the company’s environmental management system.
- Collaborates with vendors, customers, regulatory agencies and the general public with respect to the environmental activities carried out by BMC METALS and to communicate reliable information on the environmental effects of BMC METALS ‘s operations and products.
- BMC METALS will also work with suppliers to adopt a committed attitude towards environment sustainability.
BMC METALS prioritizes excellent service delivery and customer satisfaction. As such we are committed to delivering the best value to our customers by offering the best quality products and services.
BMC Metals has also put in place the people and structure to ensure a seamless process that ensures quality of goods and services (including product packaging and constituents) in line with ISO 9001.
Our quality policy is based upon the following:
- Production and marketing of quality products that satisfies the needs of the most demanding markets.
- Complying with the relevant legislation and regulations, both at national and international levels.
- Using suitable, safe, high quality materials and products in the manufacturing process.
- Utilizing the best technology and world class facilities, suitable for the manufacturing of high-quality products.
- Ensuring the adaptation of human resources, methods and equipment used in verifications.
- Extending staff training, in particular to people directly involved with product quality.
BMC Metals boasts of a world class and highly efficient sustainability program which helps us achieve social, environmental and economic sustainability. We are able to do this by implementing continuous improvement in our work and also through targeted environmental investments designed to reduce emissions and discharges and to restore the natural environment in areas affected by BMC Metals’ operations.
BMC Metals’ environmental work is systematic and the relevant challenges are identified and selected as part of an ongoing process.
We are committed to:
- Minimizing our impact on the soil, air and water
- Efficient use of resources
- Reclamation work and protection of natural values
- Continual training of people as an essential element to ensure the efficient and improved running of our environmental management system.
- Achieving economic efficiency through the ecological efficiency of the processes as the key to improve a sustainable business model.